Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

withdraw super when I am not eligible

Highlighted

Views 193

Replies 2

I withdrew super for $10,000 not knowing that I am not eligible to access the covid-19 early access. I am 40 years old. I will put this amount in my tax return, what item do I put in? Item 8? or in other income 24, thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 0

Hi @KB9,

Thank you for doing the right thing!

Before you do anything, we suggest that you have another look at the COVID-19 early release of super eligibility requirements as you may have been eligible after all. For example, if you were a sole trader whose business had a reduction in turnover of at least 20% on or after 1 January 2020, you were able to access your super.

If you determine that you weren't eligible, please call the superannuation enquiry line to discuss this with one of our super team officers before completing your tax return.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 0

Hi @KB9,

Thank you for doing the right thing!

Before you do anything, we suggest that you have another look at the COVID-19 early release of super eligibility requirements as you may have been eligible after all. For example, if you were a sole trader whose business had a reduction in turnover of at least 20% on or after 1 January 2020, you were able to access your super.

If you determine that you weren't eligible, please call the superannuation enquiry line to discuss this with one of our super team officers before completing your tax return.

Thank you.

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @KB9 

We have added some additional information to our previous response that we suggest you check out. Depending on your circumstances, you may have been eligible to access your super after all.