Announcements
If you haven't been able to get your JobKeeper enrolment in, no need to worry. You can call us until 5 June and we can help you get it submitted.

ATO Community

Getting paid-hobby

Highlighted

Views 267

Replies 1

I have recently gone thru a mid-life crisis and taken up acting- as a hobby. As a result I’ve received paid work for 1 short film $400. I’ve been refused an ABN but in order to be paid I’ve been asked to send an invoice... how do I go about getting paid/send invoice without an ABN?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Pjmol,

Thanks for your question!

If you were refused an ABN because you were not entitled, you may be eligible to use a Statement by supplier not quoting an ABN instead of a tax invoice.

You may also need to provide a written statement to the payer to show that the supply is made in the course or furtherance of an activity done as a private recreational pursuit or hobby.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Pjmol,

Thanks for your question!

If you were refused an ABN because you were not entitled, you may be eligible to use a Statement by supplier not quoting an ABN instead of a tax invoice.

You may also need to provide a written statement to the payer to show that the supply is made in the course or furtherance of an activity done as a private recreational pursuit or hobby.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B.