Announcements
Curious about the JobMaker Hiring Credit? Have a read about who is eligible and how to register.

ATO Community

I am currently a casual employed and on JobKeeper and i just got hired for a second casual job

I'm new

Views 166

Replies 2

I am a long-term casual employed at a hotel and have been on JobKeeper payments, i was reduced to the $750 per fortnight payments and started applying for a second job. I just got hired for another casual position in retail. How does this affect my payments? Do i need to notify my first employer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @bronte-p-p,

As a long-term casual, at the time you provide your employee nomination notice, you must not be a permanent employee of any other employer in order to meet the employee test requirements.

If you obtain other employment after this time, it will not impact your JobKeeper eligibility with your nominated employer.

As @SM2304 has stated, though, Fair Work has advised you cannot refuse your employer's reasonable requests to work.

2 REPLIES 2

Devotee

Replies 0

It has no impact & you do not need to notify your Jobkeeper employer but you cannot refuse your Jobkeeper employer's reasonable requests to work

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @bronte-p-p,

As a long-term casual, at the time you provide your employee nomination notice, you must not be a permanent employee of any other employer in order to meet the employee test requirements.

If you obtain other employment after this time, it will not impact your JobKeeper eligibility with your nominated employer.

As @SM2304 has stated, though, Fair Work has advised you cannot refuse your employer's reasonable requests to work.