Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Re: Long Service Leave when switching from full-time to casual

Views 97

Replies 1

Hi, I recently accepted a new part-time job and notified my employer that I want to terminate my full-time employment. We then immediately agreed that they would hire me as a casual for 18 hrs a week. However, the company is claiming that my long-service leave entitlement will now lapse because I have resigned from full-time position in favour of alternate employment arrangements. As I have only worked with the company for 7 years not 10 I would imagine that their statement would be correct, however, if they continue employing me as a regular casual wouldn't that mean my LSL should continue accumulating? 

Thanks in advance, 

KateShmi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @KateShmi 

While we can provide information on how tax and superannuation would apply to long service leave payments, we’re unable to provide advice on your entitlement to long service leave.

The Fair Work Ombudsman has information on their website about long service leave entitlements you may want to check out.

Hope this helps.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @KateShmi 

While we can provide information on how tax and superannuation would apply to long service leave payments, we’re unable to provide advice on your entitlement to long service leave.

The Fair Work Ombudsman has information on their website about long service leave entitlements you may want to check out.

Hope this helps.