Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Re: Uber Eats Tax

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 504

Replies 2

I Currently have a full time job where the employer pays my tax for me at the moment and I was thinking of signing up for uber eats as a food delivery driver on the weekend.

In the hypothetical situation here what would be required from me.

I work a full time job and earn $91,000 per year Gross

I want to start a second job as an uber eats delivery driver in my spare time.

As this uber eats delivery driver I earn $4,000 Gross

Total income would be $95,000 per year Gross

The employer continues to take and pay the tax on the 91k in the primary job on my behalf.

Am I required to sign up for an ABN for the second job? (Uber eats)

Do I pay GST on the 4k from uber? / Do I have to sign up for GST for this small of an amount?

Will my total personal income be assumed as 95K Gross?

Thanks

Bert.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Taxicorn

Replies 0

@UncleBert 

Transporting food not people doesn't require you to be registered for GST unless your total turnover from working with an ABN exceeds $75,000 which it won't.

Make sure that you record the Kms that you travel when working with Ubereats.

If you only expect to earn $4,000 then it probably wouldn't be worth it keeping a logbook, claiming 68 cents per km up to 5,000 km should be ok.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 0

Highlighted

Most helpful response

Taxicorn

Replies 0

@UncleBert 

Transporting food not people doesn't require you to be registered for GST unless your total turnover from working with an ABN exceeds $75,000 which it won't.

Make sure that you record the Kms that you travel when working with Ubereats.

If you only expect to earn $4,000 then it probably wouldn't be worth it keeping a logbook, claiming 68 cents per km up to 5,000 km should be ok.