Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: Ubereats Driver as a second Job

Views 1110

Replies 3

Hi, 

I have been an Ubereats driver for just about one month from Sep 2019 to Oct. 2019. as my second job. My total gross income was about 2000$ and I am not driving for Ubereats anymore and have no other private businesses.

On the other hand, I have been being an employee of other companies since July 2019. 

My question is "Do I have to register an ABN for lodging a tax return for this financial year?"

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @SSKKHH2020,

Thanks for your question.

We have prepared a knowledge base article on Ubereats/Deliveroo that may assist you.

I hope this helps.

3 REPLIES 3

Champion

Replies 1

If this is a part-time job, it's great. If you need to supplement another income source, it's also good. You can also work for more than one delivery service, so if one is slow, you can transfer to the other. If you're an Uber driver, you'll need to declare the income you've generated in the financial year on your tax return. It's very important that you don't spend all your income! Especially if Uber is considered a second job, it's important to save a good portion of your Uber earnings.

Replies 0

Thanks, but I did not understand that I must register for an ABN or not? 

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @SSKKHH2020,

Thanks for your question.

We have prepared a knowledge base article on Ubereats/Deliveroo that may assist you.

I hope this helps.