Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

second job, no tax free threshold claimed

Views 1617

Replies 2

earning 38,500 PA after tax in my first job with the tax free threshold claimed. I hope to start a second job on a casual basis, not claiming the tax free threshold, estimating a before tax earnings of $200.00 per week. what might be my expected tax rate on the second jobs earnings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @DAWSO - our How much tax should I pay on a second job? Claiming the tax free threshold. article also has information on calculating tax payable that you might find helpful. Thanks @Nicholas for helping out!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Enthusiast

Replies 1

The tax on a $200 weekly wage without the tf threshold would be $44, as per the tax tables below:

https://www.ato.gov.au/uploadedFiles/Content/MEI/downloads/Weekly-tax-table-2018-19.pdf

This would leave you take-home (net) wage from your second job at  $156.

Highlighted

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @DAWSO - our How much tax should I pay on a second job? Claiming the tax free threshold. article also has information on calculating tax payable that you might find helpful. Thanks @Nicholas for helping out!