Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

MyGov And SMSF

Highlighted

Views 1103

Replies 1

Can anyone please tell me how to enable specific payment and notification features for my linked SMSF account linked in Mygov account? I can see it linked, but I am unable to make/modify PAYG payments; or receive any notification regarding my SMSF via Mygov.

I also have my personal account linked in the same Mygov account, and the above two features sought are made available for my personal account?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Avret

Welcome to our Community.

When you link our online service for individuals and sole traders to your myGov account, you can do a number of things including updating your personal contact details, lodging your personal tax return and managing your personal PAYG instalments.

For more information about what else you can do as well as how it works, check out the individuals and sole traders page of the online services section of our website.

It is important to note that this online service is specifically for managing your personal tax and super affairs hence why we refer to it as the online service for individuals and sole traders.

If you want to manage the PAYG instalments of your self-managed super fund (SMSF) online, you will need to do that via the Business Portal. While your SMSF isn't a business, the Business Portal is designed to be used by non-individual entities including SMSFs.

For more information, check out the Business Portal page on our website.

From what you have advised, it sounds like you may have used the Manage ABN Connections function to set up your SMSF's access to the Business Portal. This allows you to access the Business Portal using your myGov login details.

Other than logging in with the same details, the two services are separate and have different functionalities. You can't manage your personal affairs through the Business Portal and you can't manage your SMSF's affairs through the online service for individuals.

Sorry we couldn't be of more help.

Thanks,

ChrisR

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Avret

Welcome to our Community.

When you link our online service for individuals and sole traders to your myGov account, you can do a number of things including updating your personal contact details, lodging your personal tax return and managing your personal PAYG instalments.

For more information about what else you can do as well as how it works, check out the individuals and sole traders page of the online services section of our website.

It is important to note that this online service is specifically for managing your personal tax and super affairs hence why we refer to it as the online service for individuals and sole traders.

If you want to manage the PAYG instalments of your self-managed super fund (SMSF) online, you will need to do that via the Business Portal. While your SMSF isn't a business, the Business Portal is designed to be used by non-individual entities including SMSFs.

For more information, check out the Business Portal page on our website.

From what you have advised, it sounds like you may have used the Manage ABN Connections function to set up your SMSF's access to the Business Portal. This allows you to access the Business Portal using your myGov login details.

Other than logging in with the same details, the two services are separate and have different functionalities. You can't manage your personal affairs through the Business Portal and you can't manage your SMSF's affairs through the online service for individuals.

Sorry we couldn't be of more help.

Thanks,

ChrisR