Announcements
COVID-19 update: We’ve published information on the Jobkeeper payment, early access to super, and cash boost for businesses and employers. You can also check out the COVID-19 board.

ATO Community

unable to reach to ato officer regarding my SMSF telephone interview

I'm new

Views 118

Replies 1

Hello experts,

My tax agent sent me an email stating that I need to call ATO SMSF dept on 132869  and then transfer to 74780 for telephonic interview (regarding setup of my SMSF). However its going to voicemail saying that the peson is away.

Also when calling on 132869, the call goes straight to a human operator, who is usually supportive but doesnt have a clue about where to transfer my call.

If the particular ATO SMSF officer is on leave (or otherwise), can I call another number/officer or have them call me back soon (on any working day).

I am worried that my smsf setup is going to be delayed till next year.

Any help/tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hello @ pranjalrajput24

Sorry to read about your wait.

Unfortunately we aren’t able to help as we aren’t able to go into your account.

Generally I would say when you contact the ATO with a specific number but end up talking to a general representative you can request they send an e-mail to your case officer or if they are able to be looked up internally they may be able to talk to your case officers’ team leader and have your case reassigned to someone available.

Regards

LukeS

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hello @ pranjalrajput24

Sorry to read about your wait.

Unfortunately we aren’t able to help as we aren’t able to go into your account.

Generally I would say when you contact the ATO with a specific number but end up talking to a general representative you can request they send an e-mail to your case officer or if they are able to be looked up internally they may be able to talk to your case officers’ team leader and have your case reassigned to someone available.

Regards

LukeS