Announcements
Read our answers to common questions about JobKeeper, Early release of super and Cash flow boost.

ATO Community

ABN of UberEats on WHV

Highlighted

Views 200

Replies 1

Hi I’m on Work & Holiday Visa (462) and I’m doing UberEats right now. My Visa will end by October. So my question is how do i lodge my tax return for income from July to October? Because your article says its gonna take more than 50 days. And do i need to cancel my ABN before leaving the country?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Paijokece,

Thanks for your questions.

The service standard for lodging an early tax return is 50 business days but if you are suffering from financial hardship, you may qualify for priority processing.

If your income is solely related to ABN activity I would generally not expect you to be expecting a refund. The exception would be if you've been paying pay as go instalments of tax (PAYGI) and you have paid more tax than what is required.

Your assessment will be sent to the postal address you write on your tax return.

You are required to cancel your ABN within 28 days of you ceasing to use it.

Let us know if you have any further questions,

JasonT

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Paijokece,

Thanks for your questions.

The service standard for lodging an early tax return is 50 business days but if you are suffering from financial hardship, you may qualify for priority processing.

If your income is solely related to ABN activity I would generally not expect you to be expecting a refund. The exception would be if you've been paying pay as go instalments of tax (PAYGI) and you have paid more tax than what is required.

Your assessment will be sent to the postal address you write on your tax return.

You are required to cancel your ABN within 28 days of you ceasing to use it.

Let us know if you have any further questions,

JasonT