ATO Community

Re: GST for UBER eats driver

I'm new

Views 9000

Replies 2

Hi

I was working for about 3.5 months as UBER eats driver.  I have registered for ABN and GST but I do not know about GST. Should I pay GST as I was delivering food, not people.

Your help is much appreciated in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @rtahmasb,

Welcome to our Community!

If you are registered for and ABN and GST, then @Anonymous is correct - you must charge, collect and report GST to us. You report the GST to us on a business activity statement (BAS).

If you're in the sharing economy (providing personal services, such as deliveries), you're required to be registered for an ABN but you're only required to be registered for GST when your yearly turnover is, or is projected to be over $75,000. If your turnover is below $75,000, you can choose whether you want to be registered for GST or not. GST is a 10% tax calculated on any goods or services you offer under your ABN.

If you registered for GST when you applied for your ABN, this means you needed to be charging GST and you need to report this information and pay this GST you've collect to us. You can also claim the GST on any business expenses you've incurred.

For more information, it's recommended you phone us on 13 28 66 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to discuss your situation further with an operator. Have your ABN and TFN with you when you call so the operator can ask you some identity questions to access your account and let you know what your GST obligations are.

Thanks, JodieH.

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous

Replies 0

If your saying you are registered for GST then you must charge, collect and remit the GST to the ATO.

your question is not easy to understand so Im not sure if this answers it.

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @rtahmasb,

Welcome to our Community!

If you are registered for and ABN and GST, then @Anonymous is correct - you must charge, collect and report GST to us. You report the GST to us on a business activity statement (BAS).

If you're in the sharing economy (providing personal services, such as deliveries), you're required to be registered for an ABN but you're only required to be registered for GST when your yearly turnover is, or is projected to be over $75,000. If your turnover is below $75,000, you can choose whether you want to be registered for GST or not. GST is a 10% tax calculated on any goods or services you offer under your ABN.

If you registered for GST when you applied for your ABN, this means you needed to be charging GST and you need to report this information and pay this GST you've collect to us. You can also claim the GST on any business expenses you've incurred.

For more information, it's recommended you phone us on 13 28 66 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to discuss your situation further with an operator. Have your ABN and TFN with you when you call so the operator can ask you some identity questions to access your account and let you know what your GST obligations are.

Thanks, JodieH.