Announcements
COVID-19 update: We’ve published information on the Jobkeeper payment, early access to super, and cash boost for businesses and employers. You can also check out the COVID-19 board.

ATO Community

GST

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 939

Replies 1

Okay, why am I being asked to register for GST when my income is low?

I have tried calling the ATO 6 x times now but cannot get through due to "Peak Demand".

I have been given a time frame to contact them but really? I have tried to no avail!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Librasmile1010,

Thanks for joining our Community!

We can't access your account to see why you've been asked to register for GST - however, there are certain circumstances when you must be registered for GST. If you provide taxi or limousine travel for passengers in exchange for a fee, for example driving for Uber, you must register for GST regardless of your GST turnover.

You'll need to phone us so we can look into your account to see why you've been asked to register for GST. Our operating hours are 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday and the best times to call are early in the morning or later in the evening.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Librasmile1010,

Thanks for joining our Community!

We can't access your account to see why you've been asked to register for GST - however, there are certain circumstances when you must be registered for GST. If you provide taxi or limousine travel for passengers in exchange for a fee, for example driving for Uber, you must register for GST regardless of your GST turnover.

You'll need to phone us so we can look into your account to see why you've been asked to register for GST. Our operating hours are 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday and the best times to call are early in the morning or later in the evening.

Thanks.