Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

What is my taxable income in uber eats.

Highlighted

Views 1764

Replies 2

Hello, 

I am working as a uber eats food delivery driver and I would like to understand the income I should declare while filing the tax returns. There are three components which I see when I download a tax summary from uber website. The three items are Fare break down, other income breakdown, and other potential deductions. 

Also I have a ABN but never linked it with a uber eats account. The website does not allow me to link my ABN with my uber eats account unless my income is more than 75k. What should I do in this case ? 

Regards, 

Lava

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @lavakiran95,

Welcome to our Community!

Any income you've received through the sharing economy needs to be reported in your income tax return as it's considered assessable income. You may be able to claim expenses you've incurred which relate to you earing your income as a deduction in your tax return. You can find more information about what income is considered as assessable income here on our website.

If you're in the sharing economy, you're required to be registered for an ABN but you only need to be registered for GST when your yearly turnover is, or is projected to be over $75,000. If your turnover is below $75,000, you can choose whether you want to be registered for GST or not.

You will need to contact Uber Eats directly about linking your ABN to your Uber Eats account directly.

Thanks, JodieH.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Taxicorn

Replies 0

First of all you do not need to be earning more than $75,000 to use your ABN.

That figure is for GST.

Uber drivers (carrying people not food) need to be registered for GST regardless of income.

Uber eats drivers do not, unless your turnover is expected to be over $75,000

You declare income that you have received.

Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @lavakiran95,

Welcome to our Community!

Any income you've received through the sharing economy needs to be reported in your income tax return as it's considered assessable income. You may be able to claim expenses you've incurred which relate to you earing your income as a deduction in your tax return. You can find more information about what income is considered as assessable income here on our website.

If you're in the sharing economy, you're required to be registered for an ABN but you only need to be registered for GST when your yearly turnover is, or is projected to be over $75,000. If your turnover is below $75,000, you can choose whether you want to be registered for GST or not.

You will need to contact Uber Eats directly about linking your ABN to your Uber Eats account directly.

Thanks, JodieH.