Announcements
COVID-19 update: Check out our answers to common questions about JobKeeper payment and early release of super.

ATO Community

Re: ATO error message

Highlighted

Views 680

Replies 4

First STP lodge. Error message PYEVNTEMP child must be provided. (code:CMN.ATO.PAYEVNT.000192, location:1.0)

Please advise what this means. One male employee single no children exist.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 3

Hi @PINEBARK 

It's nothing to do with one your employee's human progeny.

In this context 'child' refers to a subordinate piece of information - e.g. in an address field you might have three fields: Street (parent), Suburb (child), & Country (child) and there could be a validation rule that requires the child elements to be present if the parent element is entered.

Your best bet is to contact your software provider so they can help you work out what's causing this error in your lodgment. There's a discussion about this error in the MYOB community forum that might help.

JF

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 3

Hi @PINEBARK 

It's nothing to do with one your employee's human progeny.

In this context 'child' refers to a subordinate piece of information - e.g. in an address field you might have three fields: Street (parent), Suburb (child), & Country (child) and there could be a validation rule that requires the child elements to be present if the parent element is entered.

Your best bet is to contact your software provider so they can help you work out what's causing this error in your lodgment. There's a discussion about this error in the MYOB community forum that might help.

JF

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

Highlighted

Replies 2

Thanks James. I changed street to 2nd line and left number in 1st line. Sent it as an amendment now I've been knocked back again by ATO. Applying for an exemption, can't cope with the stress of one mistake after the other.

Highlighted

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @PINEBARK,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a difficult experience!

@JamesF has provided a really great answer, but I understand that you're still having issues. Is the error code that you're receiving the same one - CMN.ATO.PAYEVNT.000192, or is it different now?

Because this is an error code relating specifically to pay events, it's usually quite specific to your software so your digital services provider would be best suited to provide you with detailed guidance on how to resolve the issue.

If you are using MYOB, the link provided above may be worth re-visiting as the solution described there seems to be a little different to the one that you've said that you've tried.

If you're at all willing to try again, you may wish to submit a brand new pay event rather than trying to amend the prior one (particularly if the prior one was not received).

You may also wish to check your STP reports in the Business portal, as sometimes pay events can have a status of "rejected" but still go through successfully.

I hope this helps in some way, but please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Rachael B.

Highlighted

Replies 0

Thank you so much for your help Rachael. After calming down I slowly went through payslip etc and changed address address to one line street no. one line street name  then one line suburb. All fixed now and got confirmation from ATO first payslip was accepted. Yippee!!