ATO Community

Re: How do I cancel/delete the annual payment summary lodged to the ATO?

Views 420

Replies 1

I have lodged the annual payment summary report to the ATO last week, instead of finalising it through STP. 

I have been using STP throughout FYE 2020 and should be finalising the year using STP.

I believe I cannot lodge both the annual payment summary and finalise STP as it would double the pay details on the ATO's end. 

Any guidance on how to go about cancelling the lodgement to the ATO, so I can then use the STP method, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @bluepanda

Good question.

Have you since completed your finalisation declaration through STP?

If the payroll information on both lodgements is the same and you have since completed a finalisation declaration in STP:

• no further action is required, the finalisation declaration will be used to prefill myTax and the PSAR will be considered a duplicate.  No further action required.

If the payroll information on both lodgement is the same and you have not as yet completed a finalisation declaration in STP:

• you must finalise your data by completing the finalisation declaration on the final payroll event for each employee.  Finalised STP data will take precedence over PSAR.  No further action is required.

Hope this is helpful for you.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @bluepanda

Good question.

Have you since completed your finalisation declaration through STP?

If the payroll information on both lodgements is the same and you have since completed a finalisation declaration in STP:

• no further action is required, the finalisation declaration will be used to prefill myTax and the PSAR will be considered a duplicate.  No further action required.

If the payroll information on both lodgement is the same and you have not as yet completed a finalisation declaration in STP:

• you must finalise your data by completing the finalisation declaration on the final payroll event for each employee.  Finalised STP data will take precedence over PSAR.  No further action is required.

Hope this is helpful for you.