Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

PAYG Summaries reported through STP but not showing on MYGov accounts

Enthusiast

Views 1647

Replies 8

Hi

I have just been informed that my employees cannot acces their PAYG summaries in My Gov. I have completed the PAYG via STP 6/7 AND uploaded the lodgement file via the business portal. I understand there may be a 'delay" from reading posts last year regarding this, Please advise. Thank you, wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 7

Hi @JR_TCS ,

If you've been reporting for your employees via STP for the full 2019-20 FY you don't upload the payment summary annual report (PSAR)/ PAYGW annual report via the Business Portal.

To make your employees income statements tax ready and appear in their myTax pre-fill (ATO online account linked via myGov) you finalise the employee data through your STP solution.

If you didn't report via STP for the full year then you finalise the employee data in STP and lodge a PSAR via the Business portal for the employee payments that were not reported through STP. If a PSAR is required to be lodged it can take up to 72 hours for processing and pre-filling to be available in the employees myTax.

If you've reported for the full year via STP then please finalise the data. Finalised STP data will take precedence over a PSAR. No further action is required from you.

I hope this helps and thanks for posting,

JasonT

8 REPLIES 8

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 7

Hi @JR_TCS ,

If you've been reporting for your employees via STP for the full 2019-20 FY you don't upload the payment summary annual report (PSAR)/ PAYGW annual report via the Business Portal.

To make your employees income statements tax ready and appear in their myTax pre-fill (ATO online account linked via myGov) you finalise the employee data through your STP solution.

If you didn't report via STP for the full year then you finalise the employee data in STP and lodge a PSAR via the Business portal for the employee payments that were not reported through STP. If a PSAR is required to be lodged it can take up to 72 hours for processing and pre-filling to be available in the employees myTax.

If you've reported for the full year via STP then please finalise the data. Finalised STP data will take precedence over a PSAR. No further action is required from you.

JasonT

Enthusiast

Replies 0

Thanks Jason. I did the finalisation via my STP program and found a post on the softwates community forum that there was an issue uploading to ATO which has now been fixed. Thanks.

Replies 0

Thanks Jason.

Is there a delay between final lodgement being processed to ATO and when the staff members have access to the info ?

@JasonT wrote:

Hi @JR_TCS ,

JasonT

Replies 4

Sorry I should have provided a little more information and clarity.  We were reporting via STP, I did a year end finalisation (2019*20) through our software and uploaded the file.   The file status from the ATO is "successful". that was a week ago, but employees are quering the "Not Tax Ready" via their MyGov account.   

ATO Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @SThompson ,

Generally once the finalisation declaration has been completed the information is available for employees on the same day. Employees can still lodge their tax returns with income statements that have a "Not tax ready" status, they just need to ensure the amounts are correct.

A week is a bit long to still show the "Not tax ready" status but you've finalised the data successfully per the file status. I'd say it's either a delay with the STP software provider uploading to the ATO and/or the volume of STP finalisations coming through our systems.

Thanks for following up,

JasonT

Replies 2

Hi @JasonT 

I have lodged EOFY stp finalisation on 1/7/2020 and it shows that ATO has approved it on 8/7/2020 but employee's prefilling still showing Unfinalised today.

Should I lodge another EOFY stp finanlisation or should I wait it out?

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Aly123

Community Moderator

Replies 1

Hi @Aly123

Thanks for joining the conversation.

Hopefully you have since resolved this matter. If not, we suggest that you check out the links that we provided in this thread's first response and get in touch with your STP software provider if necessary. Depending on how you go with that, you may need to phone us.

Good luck with it.

Replies 0

Hi @ChrisATO 

Thanks for your reply. I have now fixed the issue.

Reckon App seems to have problems with totalling up EOFY figures. The first EOFY sent have correct figures. Not sure why this time I checked it's all out.

I did an update event to reverse some of the figures and re-lodge the EOFY finalisation. Checked the employees' prefilling reports and it's all good.

Thank you for your help.