Announcements
COVID-19 update: Check out our answers to common questions about JobKeeper payment and early release of super.

ATO Community

Re: PAYG Summary submitted twice to ATO for same financial year

Highlighted

Views 345

Replies 3

An employee who is getting his tax done through an accountant has told us that his PAYG Summary has been reported twice for the same financial year.  We did originally report the PAYG Summary on 30/6/19 the same way we have in previous years and then must have later reported the PAYG summary through single touch payroll.  His accountant says the ATO will count his salary twice but we haven't had that trouble with any other of our employees.  Is there a way to delete one of the PAYG summaries?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 1

@Nybor 

I would obtain a copy of the employees Pre-Fill Report from the employee (at least the relevant part).

This would show the reported duplication of Salary.

Give the ATO a call and discuss as any errors should be fixed quickly.

Duncan

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 1

@Nybor 

I would obtain a copy of the employees Pre-Fill Report from the employee (at least the relevant part).

This would show the reported duplication of Salary.

Give the ATO a call and discuss as any errors should be fixed quickly.

Duncan

Highlighted

Replies 0

Thanks for your help DuncanS.  I did ring the ATO and all is fixed.

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Nybor

Thanks for your post.

You do not need to lodge a payment summary annual report for amounts you report and finalise through STP.

You can find out how to lodge your payment summary annual report, or more importantly how to amend it on our website. The page provides guidance on how you can do it electronically or via the paper form.

As @DuncanS has correctly said, you can give us a call if you would like to discuss it further.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR