Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

STP Report Rejected

I'm new

Views 836

Replies 1

Received the following notice on a rejected report:

Employer information errors

Your submission was not processed
(ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNT.EM92168)

I had to process a bonus payment for one employee after that months payrun had been processed. Am I getting this error message because it is for the same period as another report that has been accepted? Any assistance on how to correct this would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @CandiceDB ,

Common (CMN) ATO PAYEVNT (Pay Event) or GEN (General) error messages are generated by your STP payroll solution when attempting to lodge invalid data to the ATO. The invalid data will be either in the:

• pay event

• update event they are attempting to lodge

• employer or employee information within their payroll solution

If you can't resolve the error using our information, please contact your STP payroll solution provider for assistance in identification and remediation of the error.

Thanks for posting,

JasonT

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @CandiceDB ,

Common (CMN) ATO PAYEVNT (Pay Event) or GEN (General) error messages are generated by your STP payroll solution when attempting to lodge invalid data to the ATO. The invalid data will be either in the:

• pay event

• update event they are attempting to lodge

• employer or employee information within their payroll solution

If you can't resolve the error using our information, please contact your STP payroll solution provider for assistance in identification and remediation of the error.

Thanks for posting,

JasonT