Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Single touch payroll - tax agent lodging for small business with no cloud software

Initiate

Views 4476

Replies 4

I have several small business clients who do not want to pay for cloud base accounting software because their current software works for them and it is free. How do I lodge STP forms on their behalf?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Devotee

Replies 1

Hi @Dbarker

There isn't a "form" you can lodge in that sense. STP has to be reported using payroll or accounting software that offers STP each time an employer runs their payroll and pays their employees. The information is sent to us either directly from the software, or through a third party – such as a sending service provider. Software providers can tell you more about how they offer STP reporting.

You could check the ABSIA catalogue for STP enabled software:

https://www.absia.asn.au/page/product-catalogue

JF

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

4 REPLIES 4

Devotee

Replies 3

Hi @Dbarker

The following pages on the ATO website might help:

Registered agents providing a payroll service

JF

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

Initiate

Replies 2

Thanks James

That's very helpful - I didn't know about linking to the client.

The next step is to find out what software allows me to lodge on behalf of of my clients.

I called our practice manager/tax software provider MYOB and they said they don't have a program to use for multiple clients - you need to use the client's software.

I've searched the ATO website to see if there's an online form to complete but the link provided goes to ATO publications which does not have a STP form.

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Devotee

Replies 1

Hi @Dbarker

There isn't a "form" you can lodge in that sense. STP has to be reported using payroll or accounting software that offers STP each time an employer runs their payroll and pays their employees. The information is sent to us either directly from the software, or through a third party – such as a sending service provider. Software providers can tell you more about how they offer STP reporting.

You could check the ABSIA catalogue for STP enabled software:

https://www.absia.asn.au/page/product-catalogue

JF

Initiate

Replies 0

Thanks for your time James, much appreciated