Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Re: payment summary early

Highlighted

Views 376

Replies 2

Hi 

i am wondering what the process is to complete a part payment summary in STP early ie now ? due to employee leaving the country.

Thanks heaps 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hello @VA1,

Employers who report an employee’s details through Single Touch Payroll (STP) will not have to provide that employee with a payment summary and they won’t be required to provide the ATO with a payment summary annual report for those employee’s details.

The employee will be able to access their Income Statement through their Mygov account linked to the ATO which is updated through the year based on the information you have entered through Single Touch Payroll.

I hope this helps.

Luke S

2 REPLIES 2

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hello @VA1,

Employers who report an employee’s details through Single Touch Payroll (STP) will not have to provide that employee with a payment summary and they won’t be required to provide the ATO with a payment summary annual report for those employee’s details.

The employee will be able to access their Income Statement through their Mygov account linked to the ATO which is updated through the year based on the information you have entered through Single Touch Payroll.

I hope this helps.

Luke S

Highlighted

Devotee Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 0

Your software should allow you to finalise one indidivuals pay for the year (even part way through the year) without effecting other employees.
So yes just finalise for the one employee.

icb.org.au