Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Changing payment tier - from tier 2 to tier 1

Views 675

Replies 7

Hello ,

I was on payment tier 2 for fortnight 14 to fornight 20 payments. However, I want to change to tier 1 from fortnight 21 onwards. I am not able to change it from the ato website. 

Can this be done? 

Can you confirm the reference period for both fortnight 14 - 20 and for 21 onwards? 

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 2

Completely wrong - tier is based on hours worked in the 4 weeks before March 1 or July 1 so if you are in Tier 2 to begin with, THE TIER WILL NEVER CHANGE

7 REPLIES 7

Devotee

Replies 6

You cannot change tier as it is based on hours worked during reference period rather than subsequent change in hours worked

Replies 5

Hi,

can you tell what would be the reference period be for the corresponding fornight claims? 

Thank you

Devotee

Replies 4

Reference periods have never changed from what they were when first announced 

Replies 3

So I could be working less than 80 hours for fortnight 14 - 20 and fortnight 21 onwards, i have worked more than 80 hours. 

that is 28 days prior to claiming fortnight 21. 

Since Jan '21 I have been working 80 hours or more. 

Nov-Dec it was less than 80 hours. 

Wouldn't that make me eligible for Tier 1 from fortnight 21 onwards? 

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 2

Completely wrong - tier is based on hours worked in the 4 weeks before March 1 or July 1 so if you are in Tier 2 to begin with, THE TIER WILL NEVER CHANGE

Replies 1

Oh that's a bummer. 

I mistook it as the 28days before the claiming fortnight. 

Do you think it can be manually changed if I give them a call> 

Thanks for the answers. 

Devotee

Replies 0

You can't change tier now