Announcements
Read our answers to common questions about JobKeeper, Early release of super and Cash flow boost.

ATO Community

Do I need to register my trademark business name with ABR?

Highlighted

Initiate

Views 234

Replies 1

Hi!

I use my real name and another name other than my legal name for my registered trademark, when offering my freelance services for voice acting, singing, programming and writing, all of which I only do online. (I currently have an ABN as well)

I understand that when using your own name, you do not need to register that name with ABR.

But, because I used my trademark name for my website (.com domain) and as part of my identity when people credit me for my work together with my real name...

Do I need to register my trademark name with ABR, to carry-out my business, if I'm already also using my real name, AND if I'm only operating my business online?

Thanks!

-IndiegameDEV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @IndiegameDEV

The registration of business names is managed by the Australian Securities and Investments Commissions (ASIC). If you think that it will be beneficial to your business to register your "business name" that is entirely your decision.

Thank you for your questions and good luck with your venture..

Ari

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @IndiegameDEV

The registration of business names is managed by the Australian Securities and Investments Commissions (ASIC). If you think that it will be beneficial to your business to register your "business name" that is entirely your decision.

Thank you for your questions and good luck with your venture..

Ari