Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Is it too late to start PAYG for last financial year?

Views 390

Replies 1

I started my sole trader business in January and now have 2 employees who claimed the tax free threshold. One only works an hour or two a month, the other works 4 hours or less a week. They both claimed the tax free threshold so I didn't withold any tax. One of the employees just requested a PAYG statement but I just found out that PAYG is way more complicated than I thought and I'm a month late! How do I give them a PAYG summary?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @OzQ65,

It is not too late to register for PAYGW. 

There are a few ways in which you can register either,

- Through the Business Portal if you have set up a myGov ID profile

or

- phoning us on the number listed under Business Enquiries.

If you are backdating your registration ie, registering for a date in a previous lodgement cycle it is best to call us so that we can issue you with the BAS's (Business Activity Statements).

The representative can advise you Further of your obligation and how to issue a PAYG payment summary or Income statement to your employee.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @OzQ65,

It is not too late to register for PAYGW. 

There are a few ways in which you can register either,

- Through the Business Portal if you have set up a myGov ID profile

or

- phoning us on the number listed under Business Enquiries.

If you are backdating your registration ie, registering for a date in a previous lodgement cycle it is best to call us so that we can issue you with the BAS's (Business Activity Statements).

The representative can advise you Further of your obligation and how to issue a PAYG payment summary or Income statement to your employee.