Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Jobkeeper 2.0 and overseas travel

Views 521

Replies 3

I run my own business which is online.  I need to travel to New Zealand (which has been approved) which could be anywhere between 1-3 months long.   Can I continue to keep claiming Jobkeeper 2.0 if I am still working on my business daily?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @mottsj,

As long as you continue to meet the eligibility criteria you're fine. You can continue to claim while overseas, you just have to keep submitting claim forms.

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @mottsj,

As long as you continue to meet the eligibility criteria you're fine. You can continue to claim while overseas, you just have to keep submitting claim forms.

Replies 1

Are there any links to this information on the ATO site?  I couldn't find anything.

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @mottsj,

Because COVID-19 brings unprecedented times and unexpected circumstances, anything beyond the eligible and ineligible criteria we have listed for COVID-19 payments will not be accounted for.

As long as you meet the eligible business participant criteria, and are not bankrupt, then you will remain eligible even if overseas.