Announcements
COVID-19 update: Check out our answers to common questions about JobKeeper payment and early release of super.

ATO Community

MyGovID

Highlighted

Views 134

Replies 1

I've been trying to set up my GovID for 2 weeks now. I can upload 1x document to proof my identity, however every time I add my 2nd document I get the following : Unable to verify - myGovId culd not prove your identity at this time. I've deleted the app numerous times, re-loaded it, put my driver's licence in 1st and then 2nd and my Medicare card. It accepts 1, but don't want to take the 2nd, no matter what I do. Please help me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Pienk72 

Sorry to hear you’re having problems with the myGovID app.

The error code you are receiving is due to either verifying a document that is already associated to a myGovID or re-creating a myGovID with a different email address.

You’ve already done the first step in solving this, as you have deleted and reinstalled the app. You could also try resetting the app. This is done by deleting and reinstalling the app and creating a myGovID again with the original email address. Then, in the myGovID app, select settings and then reset app.

Hope this helps,

Tahlia

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Pienk72 

Sorry to hear you’re having problems with the myGovID app.

The error code you are receiving is due to either verifying a document that is already associated to a myGovID or re-creating a myGovID with a different email address.

You’ve already done the first step in solving this, as you have deleted and reinstalled the app. You could also try resetting the app. This is done by deleting and reinstalling the app and creating a myGovID again with the original email address. Then, in the myGovID app, select settings and then reset app.

Hope this helps,

Tahlia