Announcements
There have been some changes to the JobKeeper employee eligibility rules starting from 3 August 2020. Visit our website for more information or ask a question.

ATO Community

Tax and Superannuation

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 358

Replies 1

I was employed under a ABN. The work contract I signed stipulated my working hours and I was exclusivley to only work for this company. They decided where i worked and how I worked. I took directions from the General Manager and the Director of the company.

Does this mean I am employed by this company and they are obliged to pay my Tax and Superannuation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @Umbarra 

There isn't one specific factor that determines whether you're an employee or contractor for tax and superannuation purposes.

These pages on the ATO website might be a good place to start looking into your situation:

Employee or contractor - what's the difference

What to do if you're unsure

JF

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @Umbarra 

There isn't one specific factor that determines whether you're an employee or contractor for tax and superannuation purposes.

These pages on the ATO website might be a good place to start looking into your situation:

Employee or contractor - what's the difference

What to do if you're unsure

JF

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.