ATO Community

Austudy

Views 662

Replies 5

Is Austudy free, I mean if I get Austudy from Centrelink do I have to pay it back in the future?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Abunayeem,

As @Alyce previously said, you would need to contact Services Australia. They administer Austudy and would be able to give you information on the circumstances where it might need to be repaid.

You can ask them general questions through their social media channels or you can call them.

Hope this helps.

RochL

5 REPLIES 5

Former Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @Abunayeem,

You can find information about Austudy, offered by Services Australia, on their website.

You will need to get in touch with Services Australia for futher information.

All the best.

Replies 3

I went there already and it does not answer my question this is why ask in this community

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Abunayeem,

Thank you for your reply. Austudy is reportable on your tax return under Government Allowances and payments. I have provided the link for you.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jodie2. .

Replies 1

Yes yes I know it’s reportable ,my question is “is Austudy free”,do I have to pay it back after my course finished ?

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Abunayeem,

As @Alyce previously said, you would need to contact Services Australia. They administer Austudy and would be able to give you information on the circumstances where it might need to be repaid.

You can ask them general questions through their social media channels or you can call them.

Hope this helps.

RochL