Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

Re: Calling overseas

Highlighted

Views 1051

Replies 9

I need to link my mygov and the ato but unfortunately I no longer have an Aussie phone, so I get the 'unable to link'. I go to call the ATO only to find that neither of the oversea numbers work. I call, it connects, I get the auto voice recording, it goes half way then silence before suddenly it hangs up and I get a dial tone. I've called both four times with no new results. It's 1pm on a wed their time so people should be in. I'm beyond frustrated and there seems to be no other options for contacting.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Manager

Replies 6

Hi @Egrace16,

Check out the our contact information which has phone number and live chat information.

KylieS

9 REPLIES 9

Taxicorn

Replies 8

@Egrace16 

From overseas you can phone or Skype ATO on +61 2 6216 1111 between 8am - 5pm, (AEST), Monday to Friday and let the operator know you are calling from overseas to request a callback.

If you choose to call please have your tax file number with you ( If you know the number),  as they will need to verify your identity before they access your account so they will ask you questions in relation to your personal information.

Highlighted

Replies 7

That response is not helpful. I called the overseas numbers, both of them, but the call hung up half way through the recorded voicemail. What I need is either another number to call or an email. How am I supposed to give my tax info for my student loans if I can't even call?
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Manager

Replies 6

Hi @Egrace16,

Check out the our contact information which has phone number and live chat information.

KylieS

Highlighted

Replies 5

I really appreciate how obvious it is that none of the responders actually read my complaint but  it doesn't matter, I managed to solve it on my own.

Highlighted

Megastar

Replies 1

@Egrace16  Great that you solved your issue. I  think everyone was trying to tell you nicely, that they were the only available contact options.

Highlighted

Replies 0

Oh, a real person! I was starting to wonder. No offense, but copy and pasting the contact info from the website isn't exactly helpful, at best it comes across as an AI. Even just a 'sorry, there isn't anything else' would have been better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Highlighted

Replies 2

Hi
I have same problem

I'm overseas and I don't have access to my phone and ATO send me SMS.

Can you please let me know that what you did?

Thanks a lot

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Egrace16,

Apologies that you'd posted this some time ago. I hope your issue had been resolved.

@AliIzaddoost, can I please clarify that you've had the exact same issue when calling the overseas listed ATO number recently? And if so, when did you last try to call the number?

If there's a problem connecting through to us we'll try to address it as soon as possible, so any information you can provide would be appreciated.

RachATO

Highlighted

Replies 0

Sorry, its been so long that I can't remember what finally worked. I think I may have just tried and tried over and over again until it finally went through. I do not think I found the answer on this website, though. Good luck!