ATO Community

Re: HECS-HELP benefit for education graduates

Ask a question

Views 202

Replies 1

Hi all. I was eligible and applied for the HECS-HELP benefit for education graduates for 3 financial years from 2014-2017. Having recently completed paying off my HECS debt, I'm only just now looking over my transaction history for my HECS account. It appears I received three credits (average $1800) for this benefit, one for each year I applied, but each of them was accompanied by a debit of the same amount, titled 'HELP compulsory payment credit amended'. Can anyone tell me why this might be the case? Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Edgey63,

Welcome to our Community.

We can provide general information here on our Community and we can't guarantee it's safe to share personal information in an online forum, so we can't access your HECS account to provide a detailed explanation.

To obtain a detailed account explanation, you can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with a customer service representative. You'll need to answer some security questions for the customer service representative to access your account, so have some additional information with you when you call.

I hope this helps, SueO

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Edgey63,

Welcome to our Community.

We can provide general information here on our Community and we can't guarantee it's safe to share personal information in an online forum, so we can't access your HECS account to provide a detailed explanation.

To obtain a detailed account explanation, you can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with a customer service representative. You'll need to answer some security questions for the customer service representative to access your account, so have some additional information with you when you call.

I hope this helps, SueO

Top Solution Authors