Announcements
What's the right super fund for you? Although super may not be on the top of your list now, keeping track of your super can help maximise your savings for when you retire. Try out the new YourSuper comparison tool and choose a super fund that meets your needs. Still got questions about super? Ask the Community

ATO Community

HECS paid out - do I need to do anything?

Views 465

Replies 2

Hi all, 

I have paid out my HECS in full this week and I can see a zero balance in MyGov under "tax loans". The loan account still exists on the ATO protal in MyGov.

I have completed a new Tax Declaration Form for my employer so that the correct amount of PAYG tax can be withheld from this point forward. 

Is there anything else that I need to do to ensure that the HECS liability is discharged? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @tfb1128

It must be great to have paid out your HECS debt. 

The loan account will continue to exist in your mygov account and will show the zero balance.

If you have competed a new Withholding declaration form advising your employer you no longer have a debt, that is all you need to do.

Hope this helps.

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @tfb1128

It must be great to have paid out your HECS debt. 

The loan account will continue to exist in your mygov account and will show the zero balance.

If you have competed a new Withholding declaration form advising your employer you no longer have a debt, that is all you need to do.

Hope this helps.

Replies 0

Thanks Denise!