Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

Re: HELP balance has not updated from last financial year

Highlighted

Views 191

Replies 2

I'm very confused.

I know your HELP debt balance doesn't update until taxtime... but... for last financial year (2018 - 2019) IT NEVER updated. 

I've been working in the same job for 3 financial years now. First year (2017-2018) the compulsary repayment showed up after I did my tax.

But then the next year (2018 - 2019), it did not. So I thought well I'll just wait I guess.

It's now been a whole year. I did my tax for this year (2019 - 2020) and thankfully, this year's repayment showed up.... but the repayment from the previous year still hasn't!... which makes me worried.

What happened to my repayment? I didn't do anything different that year and I definitely had money taken out of every payslip for the HELP debt. It says "The account has pending transactions that may affect the final balance." but it's said that for a whole year! I thought it might appear when the recent repayment did... but it hasn't.

I don't know what to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @assuj,

Thanks for your question.

If you account has not updated with a compulsory repayment for the 2018-19 year, it may be that you did not have a compulsory repayment raised. You can check your 2018-19 Notice of Assesment to see if there was a compulsory repayment. If no, the no repayment was raised. Your repayment income may have been below the threshold for that year.

If there is a compulsory repayment showing on your Notice of Assessment, you can call us so we can look at your account and work out what the issue is.

Hope this helps.

RochL

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @assuj,

Thanks for your question.

If you account has not updated with a compulsory repayment for the 2018-19 year, it may be that you did not have a compulsory repayment raised. You can check your 2018-19 Notice of Assesment to see if there was a compulsory repayment. If no, the no repayment was raised. Your repayment income may have been below the threshold for that year.

If there is a compulsory repayment showing on your Notice of Assessment, you can call us so we can look at your account and work out what the issue is.

Hope this helps.

RochL

Highlighted

Replies 0

Aaahh, thank you RochL.

My repayment income for that year was just under the threshold and I didn't realise.