Announcements
On 7 August 2020 the government proposed further changes to the JobKeeper extension. For more information, visit the Treasury website.

ATO Community

HELP loan online info not showing payment from salary balances anywhere, only study loan debt info

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 199

Replies 1

The path below doesn't show payments from my payslips as made by me. It just shows my debt payments to the loan.
Where online in MyGov/ATO can I see the balance of payments (HLP/TS/SSL) taken from my payslips for multiple tax years? Thanks
Tax > Accounts > Loan accounts > Click the link on that page saying 'Higher Eduction Loan Program (HELP) 552 Your name'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Taxicorn

Replies 0

@Steyn71 

The money taken out is not used to immediately repay your debt but held as a credit by the ATO until you lodge your tax return at the end of the financial year.

Once your correct taxable income and repayment income is known any credit that is not needed to pay back any additional tax payable or government debts will then be used to repay the debt.

Any surplus or shortfall will then be credit/debit to you.

So have you actually had to repay any Hecs when you lodged your tax return?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Taxicorn

Replies 0

@Steyn71 

The money taken out is not used to immediately repay your debt but held as a credit by the ATO until you lodge your tax return at the end of the financial year.

Once your correct taxable income and repayment income is known any credit that is not needed to pay back any additional tax payable or government debts will then be used to repay the debt.

Any surplus or shortfall will then be credit/debit to you.

So have you actually had to repay any Hecs when you lodged your tax return?