Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Trade Support Loan

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 155

Replies 2

I completed my apprenticeship 4 years ago. I am voluntarily paying this loan back. On Feb 21, 2020 My trade support loan has had money reversed out, then 7 days later it was added to the loan again. I spent 1hr20min on the phone to ATO they advised me that they do not reverse money on or off. So they directed me to a disputing agency who directed me to my apprenticeship provider. The apprenticeship provider advised me they have not had anything to do with my TSL since 2016. So, WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT THE TRADE SUPPORT LOANS? WHO HAS ACCESS TO REVERSE MONEY ON AND OFF THE LOAN? So far I have not found anyone who can answer a single question I have or direct me to a single person that actually knows how these loans work. I have nobody to call back or correspond with in regards to a debt in my name? I am very confused why there is no Trade Support Loan department to talk to directly or answer any questions about this? How can money be reversed and be added back on, but no body seems to know who or why? It is a debt in my name I should be given any information I request in regards to the TSL.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Brittany,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Under the Trade Support Loans (TSL) program, eligible Australian apprentices are offered loans over a four year period. A 20% discount applies to the loan on completion of the apprenticeship.

TSL payments are administered by the Australian Apprenticeships Centres and the Department of Education, Skills and Employment. There is additional information via the link you may like to view. 

Payments towards these loans are viewable on your ATO Government loan account. You can contact us for further clarification or request an escalation of the matter. We do not have access to client accounts through ATO Community.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

JodieR.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Brittany,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Under the Trade Support Loans (TSL) program, eligible Australian apprentices are offered loans over a four year period. A 20% discount applies to the loan on completion of the apprenticeship.

TSL payments are administered by the Australian Apprenticeships Centres and the Department of Education, Skills and Employment. There is additional information via the link you may like to view. 

Payments towards these loans are viewable on your ATO Government loan account. You can contact us for further clarification or request an escalation of the matter. We do not have access to client accounts through ATO Community.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

JodieR.

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Brittany,

The Department of Education, Skills and Employment (DESE) sends the loan amounts to us to collect through the tax system.

We are aware that there was a processing issue on February that caused existing loan amounts for some clients to be reversed incorrectly. It sounds like your account may have been one of the ones affected. DESE fixed those incorrect reversals by sending the debts through again. The accounts are now correct, but the transactions remain visible on your account on ATO online.

Regards

RochL