Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

Re: Unable to report worldwide income

Highlighted

Views 312

Replies 5

I have been living in Japan for a year now, and it is my first year to report worldwide income since I have a Hecs debt active. As suggested on help pages, when I go to "Tax> Lodgements> Report worldwide income" there is no option to report, and it simply says "No tax returns are due at this time. Contact us if a tax return needs to be lodged." I have already made an overseas travel notification and it displays the notification details when I click to check. How can I report my income from overseas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Lina93,

Okay, as that didn't work, you may need to phone us so someone can look at your account and see what the issue is. We have a number for overseas enquiries: +61 2 6216 1111 (8.00am–5.00pm (AEST) Monday–Friday).

We will need to establish your identity so be sure to have your TFN and any identity documents handy when you call. The link above also has some details of the types of questions we will need to ask, so you can be prepared.

Hope this helps.

RochL

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @Lina93,

Thanks for your question.

Try the following:

From the Online services homepage drop-down menu, select:

• Tax

• Lodgments

• Income tax

• Not lodged tab.

For the 2019-20 year – select the appropriate link to report your worldwide income.

You may have accidentally ticked the box to say that further returns were not necessary last year, which is one of the reasons for the message you are receiving. Following the above should let you lodge and will also remove the indicator so you don't have the same problem next year.

Hope this helps.

RochL

Highlighted

Replies 3

Thank you for the reply.
When I follow those directions it still says "No tax returns are due at this time. Contact us if a tax return needs to be lodged." and there is still no option report anything.
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Lina93,

Okay, as that didn't work, you may need to phone us so someone can look at your account and see what the issue is. We have a number for overseas enquiries: +61 2 6216 1111 (8.00am–5.00pm (AEST) Monday–Friday).

We will need to establish your identity so be sure to have your TFN and any identity documents handy when you call. The link above also has some details of the types of questions we will need to ask, so you can be prepared.

Hope this helps.

RochL

Highlighted

I'm new

Replies 1

Hi there

I am having the same issue with the website (it has worked in past years).

I have tried calling the overseas numbers repeatedly but there is no response. I suspect this is an IT issue. Is the ATO able to look into it? 

Very many thanks

Madeleine

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @MadeleineKari

Please give our Overseas enquiries number a call. Usually as @RochL has said it will require some manual intervention at our end. Contacting us will allow us to investigate and hopefully it will prove a simple fix.