• 23207 Posts

ATO Community

Re: New employee without member ID

Ask a question

Initiate

Views 477

Replies 2

Hello,

We have a new employee who has not registered in any super fund.

We have selected default super fund but member ID is unsure.

Could you please advise whether the payment will be refunded if employee information miss member ID.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 1

Hi @JimPC

The 'default super fund' is the fund that you choose on behalf of your employee if they can't or don't choose their own fund. Refer here for more info on default funds. When you open a new super account interest on behalf of your employee, the super fund should be able to provide you with account identifiers (account number/member ID etc) so you can pay to that fund via your own payroll software or via a super clearing house.

I strongly urge you not to make payment without identifiers, as it'll very likely be refunded, and given super is due (for the Oct - Dec quarter) on the 28th (which is a public holiday so let's call it the 29th) January 2019, the last thing you want is a refund to come back weeks later, and all of a sudden you're non-compliant when you were trying to do the right thing....

In short, I'd suggest you contact the default fund you've chosen and confirm the details. Let us know how you go.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 1

Hi @JimPC

The 'default super fund' is the fund that you choose on behalf of your employee if they can't or don't choose their own fund. Refer here for more info on default funds. When you open a new super account interest on behalf of your employee, the super fund should be able to provide you with account identifiers (account number/member ID etc) so you can pay to that fund via your own payroll software or via a super clearing house.

I strongly urge you not to make payment without identifiers, as it'll very likely be refunded, and given super is due (for the Oct - Dec quarter) on the 28th (which is a public holiday so let's call it the 29th) January 2019, the last thing you want is a refund to come back weeks later, and all of a sudden you're non-compliant when you were trying to do the right thing....

In short, I'd suggest you contact the default fund you've chosen and confirm the details. Let us know how you go.

Initiate

Replies 0

Thanks Miccles,

The default super fund indeed has an identifiers for new member. Once the payment received by the fund, the default super fund will set up and inform the new member his/her member ID.

Kind Regards

Jim

Top Solution Authors