• 27488 Posts

ATO Community

TFN never arrived

Ask a question
Highlighted

idk

Views 529

Replies 3

My TFN never arrived, what am I supposed to do?

I applied for a TFN on november 30th at my local post office and have yet to still have my TFN arrive in the mail, what am I supposed to do to rectify this issue and have my TFN successfully delivered?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @idk,

Welcome to our Community!

We can provide general information here on our Community, however we can't guarantee it's safe to share personal information in an online forum so we can't advise the progress of your TFN application.

If you applied for a TFN online and attended an interview at an Australian Post outlet with your identity documents, the TFN will be sent to the address provided on the application within 28 days of successfully establishing your identity.

It's recommended to phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator who can ask you some identity questions to access your account. If you can successfully establish your identity over the phone and your TFN has been processed, the operator may be able to provide you with your TFN over the phone.

Thanks, JodieH.

3 REPLIES 3

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @idk,

Welcome to our Community!

We can provide general information here on our Community, however we can't guarantee it's safe to share personal information in an online forum so we can't advise the progress of your TFN application.

If you applied for a TFN online and attended an interview at an Australian Post outlet with your identity documents, the TFN will be sent to the address provided on the application within 28 days of successfully establishing your identity.

It's recommended to phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator who can ask you some identity questions to access your account. If you can successfully establish your identity over the phone and your TFN has been processed, the operator may be able to provide you with your TFN over the phone.

Thanks, JodieH.

idk

Replies 1

What would I need to know to identify my identity as I currently only have access to a birth certificate, drivers license and student card.

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @idk

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you have the identity documents you used when applying for your TFN with you when you call, this information will help assist the operator to establish your identity. You can find information about acceptable proof of identity documents on our website.

Thanks, JodieH.

Top Solution Authors