Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

TFN

Highlighted

Views 178

Replies 1

Hi, I submitted my card details to Taxfilenumber.org

They took $99 AUD out of my account and said they will email me if they have any further information required.

I was just curious if this was a Scam? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Manager

Replies 0

@JackStAnderson thanks for getting in contact to check with us.

We don't endorse taxfilenumber.org, as you can apply for a TFN directly with us free of charge. Tax professionals can also provide this service to their clients at a cost and we can confirm that the tax agent you've mentioned is a legitimate tax agent (registered with the Tax Practitioners Board).

If you have further concerns or you don’t receive your tax file number, you can lodge a complaint with the Tax Practitioners Board and they can investigate further.

NicolaC

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Manager

Replies 0

@JackStAnderson thanks for getting in contact to check with us.

We don't endorse taxfilenumber.org, as you can apply for a TFN directly with us free of charge. Tax professionals can also provide this service to their clients at a cost and we can confirm that the tax agent you've mentioned is a legitimate tax agent (registered with the Tax Practitioners Board).

If you have further concerns or you don’t receive your tax file number, you can lodge a complaint with the Tax Practitioners Board and they can investigate further.

NicolaC