ATO Community

my tax file number

Ask a question

I'm new

Views 236

Replies 1

I would like to request my tax file number can you help Daryl.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

Replies 0

Hi @drb123_4,

Thanks for posting.

We strongly advise against sharing personal details (especially your tax file number) on public forums like these.

There are a few ways you can locate your TFN though.  If you have:

• a myGov account which you’ve linked to us, you can access your TFN online. 
  • any letters or documents from us (such as a notice of assessment), your TFN will be on the document.
  • a payment summary (previously known as a group certificate) from a payer, your TFN will be on the summary.

If you’re unable to access any of the above, you can phone us 13 28 61 (select menu option 2) between 8:00am-6:00pm, Monday to Friday, to speak to one of our customer service representatives.

Thanks, NicM.

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

Replies 0

Hi @drb123_4,

Thanks for posting.

We strongly advise against sharing personal details (especially your tax file number) on public forums like these.

There are a few ways you can locate your TFN though.  If you have:

• a myGov account which you’ve linked to us, you can access your TFN online. 
  • any letters or documents from us (such as a notice of assessment), your TFN will be on the document.
  • a payment summary (previously known as a group certificate) from a payer, your TFN will be on the summary.

If you’re unable to access any of the above, you can phone us 13 28 61 (select menu option 2) between 8:00am-6:00pm, Monday to Friday, to speak to one of our customer service representatives.

Thanks, NicM.

Top Solution Authors