ATO Community

Do I need to lodge partnership and company tax return by a registered tax agent?

Views 389

Replies 2

Do I need to lodge partnership and company tax return by a registered tax agent?

Or I can do it myself through following two forms below?

for partership tax return:

https://www.ato.gov.au/uploadedFiles/Content/IND/Downloads/Partnership-tax-return-2020.pdf

A partner to sign page 16, 'Taxpayer’s Declaration' section AND leave the 'Tax Agent’s Declaration' section empty

for company tax return:

https://www.ato.gov.au/uploadedFiles/Content/IND/Downloads/Company-tax-return-2020.pdf

Pulic officer to sign page 12, 'PUBLIC OFFICER’S DECLARATION' section AND leave the 'Tax Agent’s Declaration' section empty

Am i correct?

The reason I asked, is because the turnover is thin this year.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

You can lodge by your self using the forms you've linked to and also the instructions on the website. It's up to you. If you do use an agent you're entitled to claim their fees back in your next return. It's worth considering as making mistakes could be more costly than the initial outlay 

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

You can lodge by your self using the forms you've linked to and also the instructions on the website. It's up to you. If you do use an agent you're entitled to claim their fees back in your next return. It's worth considering as making mistakes could be more costly than the initial outlay 

Devotee

Replies 0

As per the previous reply you can for sure,

However considering the cost would not be huge and if you require to apply for a finance and use your company income & tax returns for servicing your finance, the lender may not consider it at all, as they need accountant's letter or confirmation of the compnay income, if you have lodged it by yourself then the accountant might not give you a letter required for a lender to approve your loan. If you are closing th ecompany & it's final return, by all means lodge it yourself, but if the business continues then I suggest use an accoutant.