Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Extension for Job Keeper Declaration for December

Views 1791

Replies 5

Is it possible that the Commissioner might grant additional time for lodgement of the JobKeeper Declaration for December, which would usually be due by 14th January 2021?  I have spoken to a number of practices who will not be returning to work after the Xmas break until the 11th January 2021 and this does not leave much time to obtain the relevant information from our clients and lodge the Declaration.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 2

Hi @kelvt @SM2304 

We haven't been advised of any changes but we are checking.

5 REPLIES 5

Devotee

Replies 4

No, any extension is unlikely - given the time taken to make a declaration is minimal, someone might have to go in during the break to do it

Replies 3

Thanks for your reply SM2304.  However, the time involved is more than you seem to realise, as we are assisting many clients with lodging their Declarations and need to obtain the required information from various sources i.e. their bookkeeping software (once we have encouraged them to have this up to date within the first fortnight and some of the businesses will be closed until the 11th), from their manual systems, bank statements etc.  An extra week to lodge the Declarations would certainly ease the pressure. 

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 2

Hi @kelvt @SM2304 

We haven't been advised of any changes but we are checking.

I'm new

Replies 1

Has there been any update on this as yet as to an extension of time.  As stated in original quesiton - most practices are not back before th 11th January only leaving 3 days to get the information from all their clients.  It is more time consuming then some think to make sure all clients are up to date etc with their bookkeeping.  We ahve extra time to lodge the BAS for the December quarter so I cannot see why there would not be an extra week at least to lodge the JobKeeper for December.

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Salole11,

I have some good news for you, and everyone else on this thread so I’d like to include @kelvt and @SM2304.

We had an update yesterday to say we have EXTENDED the due date for employers to lodge their December 2020 JobKeeper monthly declaration from the 4th Jan up until the 28th January 2021.

You can find this info by the dot points listed at the top of our Key dates page. Look for the grey box that’s headed 'Key dates and actions for employers'.

This will hopefully help you and all other employers out there Smiley Happy

Wishing you all the best!