Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

MyGovID log in without smart device

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 770

Replies 4

Are there any plans to log in with MyGovID without having to have a smart-device?

Having a two-factor authentication via desktop computer software or a browser extention would be less annoying than having to pull out my phone and open an app to get a log in code, so I can log in to Online Services for Agents on my desktop computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

VIP

Replies 3

Hi , for the Auskey transition,  myGovID will only be available on a mobile device to log into Online services for agents

Business Lead
Digital Communication and Identity Services
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

VIP

Replies 3

Hi , for the Auskey transition,  myGovID will only be available on a mobile device to log into Online services for agents

Business Lead
Digital Communication and Identity Services
Highlighted

I'm new

Replies 2

Can you please advise how to ensure mygovID can be used on my desktop computer. It is a Dell fully up to date and less than one year old.

It is extremely inconvenient that the App which we are forced to use in business cannot be used on all pc's. Am I able to invoice the ATO for my time spent in attempting to resolve this issue?

Highlighted

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @CATHELLIOTT,

myGovID is not built to run on a desktop computer. It is an app specifically designed to use the security features on your smart device and within the app itself.

The app is just for the login step, you can still use your desktop to access the business portal.

Thanks, NateH

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi Cath Elliot, Did you get an answer, If not then do what I did - load an android/IOS emulator on the PC and then load the MyGovID app through the emulator.  Works Great. I use "Bluestacks"  (free) as my andriod emulator and I can login  to MyGovID on the same PC as the accounting software. Give it a try.

Chris D.