ATO Community

declaration tax return 2019-2020

Views 586

Replies 2

Hello

I m internatonal student which i only can work 40 hours fortnightlly, also i work with ABN. I got an account in mygov but i only see what i earned with tax file number, however i earned less than 18,000 with tax file number so the system does not allow me to do the declaration i guess because of this. On other hand with ABN i earned less than 3000 k. 

My questions are:

do i have to declare? if so, how to declare in mygov if the system does not allow me to do it?, if not , do i have the right to get back the tax discounted with tax file number?

I hope some one can help me with this issue.

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 0

Hi @jorgei,

Thank you for your question, if you hold an ABN you have to declare your business income on the return.

Step 1 - under "personalise return" page, select you are a sole trader and had income

Step 2 - under "prepare return" page, click the "add/edit" button next to Business/sole trader, partnership and trust income heading to complete the business income details.

Please use our Instruction guide to complete the tax return.

Let us know how you go!

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 0

Hi @jorgei,

Thank you for your question, if you hold an ABN you have to declare your business income on the return.

Step 1 - under "personalise return" page, select you are a sole trader and had income

Step 2 - under "prepare return" page, click the "add/edit" button next to Business/sole trader, partnership and trust income heading to complete the business income details.

Please use our Instruction guide to complete the tax return.

Let us know how you go!

Devotee Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 0

do i have to declare?

Yes.

if so, how to declare in mygov if the system does not allow me to do it?

If you cannot complete your tax return correctly in mygov, then you should go to a tax agent.