Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

mygov ID - can you log in without your phone?

Initiate

Views 1298

Replies 3

is there an alternative log on method, without my smart phone? 

my phone is not a busienss phone, as such i reguarly leave it at home, what happens now when i get to work with a day full of appointments and dont have my phone? 

or what happens if my phone unexpectly suffers a hardware failure? i have expierenced this recently. 

i'm seeing agents complain about needing to update or purchase a smart phone in order to use the MYGov id app, what is the alternative for people that do not use smart phones? 

can i have my Mygov ID app installed on multiple devices?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Initiate

Replies 0

Thanks NicM, 

The reality is, i basically have to log in nearly everytime i try and do anything with "online services" as my previous session has timmed out. 

and now i need a backup "compatible smart device" incase my phone is left at home/lost/broken.

All the responces are unacceptable, but I've found a way around it and can log in without needing my phone Smiley Happy 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @steve

You will need to have access to a compatible smart device in order to use myGovID.

Once you've set up your myGovID on one device, you can install the myGovID app and be logged in to it on multiple devices.

For more information, refer to the Need help? section of the myGovID website.

Thanks,

ChrisR

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Steve- 

While you can only have one myGovID (as it's unique to you), you can install (and be logged into) the mGovID app on multiple devices. The device you install the app on will need to be a compatible smart device.  Desktop or browser-based authentication isn't supported.

It's worth keeping mind the app is only required for login. Once logged in, you can continue to use our online services from any browser or device supported by the online service.

Thanks, NicM

Highlighted

Best answer

Initiate

Replies 0

Thanks NicM, 

The reality is, i basically have to log in nearly everytime i try and do anything with "online services" as my previous session has timmed out. 

and now i need a backup "compatible smart device" incase my phone is left at home/lost/broken.

All the responces are unacceptable, but I've found a way around it and can log in without needing my phone Smiley Happy