Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: mygovid identity documents

Views 754

Replies 3

Hi 

If an employee requires standard access (online services for tax agents) but do not have the 2 Australian documents required to achieve a standard access, what should they do?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @taxprofessional

There is no procedure yet where full standard access can be granted to those without Australian identity documents.

We do have a process to access our online services with a basic MyGovID as long as additional proof of identity requirements are met. This involves sending in certified documents and all information is provided in the link.

Hope this helps, Ari

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @taxprofessional

There is no procedure yet where full standard access can be granted to those without Australian identity documents.

We do have a process to access our online services with a basic MyGovID as long as additional proof of identity requirements are met. This involves sending in certified documents and all information is provided in the link.

Hope this helps, Ari

I'm new

Replies 1

Hi @Ari,

When will there be a process to grant overseas basaed employees STANDARD level access?  I am currently spending up to 1hr a day accessing data for my offshore team that they used to be able to get themselves.

This is a major inconvenience and not sustainable.

Thanks in advance, david  

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @DavidO

Unfortunately we do not know when or if the identity process will be widened to allow more people to achieve standard access for MyGovID.

I would suggest however providing feedback to us via our website to extend the access for users with a basic MyGovID.

Thanks, Ari