Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

ATO App - myDeductions - How do you change the connected Google Account?

Initiate

Views 4410

Replies 4

Good morning, 

I really like using this mobile app to quickly record receipts that are professional or business related.  I had assumed the data saved was backed up on the cloud.  I learnt the hard way that this was not the case when my phone was replaced.

In reinstalling the app on the replaced phone I connected one of my google accounts to allow backups to the cloud.  I now want to change the connected google account with another that may be more better suited.

I do work in the IT industry so have a fair idea on navigating around apps and the web to troubleshoot issues.  I have searched online help, checked with "Alex" and general poking around of the app and its options; none could be located.  I then thought perhaps when the option "or back up to another location" was selected you could overwrite this setting but it doesn't.

Before I start adding data to this app; to correct this setting; is the only option available at this stage to uninstall the app and reinstall again?

Appreciate any further insight to overcome this issue.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

VIP

Replies 1

Hi uxfd5,

Thanks for the additional information.

We recognise you’ve tried a few work-arounds already, so thanks for your patience.

Deleting the app and setting it up again will actually be the fastest way to resolve this particular issue (seeing as you mentioned you haven’t added data to the new phone as yet). We should note however, if you did this in the future, you would lose records doing it this way.

When the app asks you to connect to Google Drive upon set-up (this will be a yes/no question), you’ll want to select ‘no’. We then suggest you manually connect to the Google Drive of your choice via either your desktop or your phone.

For future reference and for others who may be reading this thread, we’ve provided a myDeductions tool Knowledge Base Article that will assist with the connection process. This example is also covered in the help content, which is found clicking on the question mark on the home page of the myDeductions screen (top right).

We hope this helps.

4 REPLIES 4

VIP

Replies 3

Thanks for your question!

We’re looking into this at the moment. So we can assist further, could you please clarify the following;

• What type of phone are you using? (It sounds like an Android phone based on your comment)
  • Please confirm what operating system are you on (nougat, oreo etc).

Thanks

Initiate

Replies 2

The phone details are as follows:

Phone Make/Model:   Samsung Galaxy S7

Android version:         7 (Nougat)

Cheers

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

VIP

Replies 1

Hi uxfd5,

Thanks for the additional information.

We recognise you’ve tried a few work-arounds already, so thanks for your patience.

Deleting the app and setting it up again will actually be the fastest way to resolve this particular issue (seeing as you mentioned you haven’t added data to the new phone as yet). We should note however, if you did this in the future, you would lose records doing it this way.

When the app asks you to connect to Google Drive upon set-up (this will be a yes/no question), you’ll want to select ‘no’. We then suggest you manually connect to the Google Drive of your choice via either your desktop or your phone.

For future reference and for others who may be reading this thread, we’ve provided a myDeductions tool Knowledge Base Article that will assist with the connection process. This example is also covered in the help content, which is found clicking on the question mark on the home page of the myDeductions screen (top right).

We hope this helps.

Initiate

Replies 0

Thanks for that.  I think I'll do the first option and uninstall it.  I was thinking whilst looking at the other option ie. back up to another location that it was actually easier to select this and switch between the google drive accounts that you have already defined. 

On reinstall I'll adopt this approach for now as it allows easier switching.  Although it has to be acknowledged that once you connect your google account; selecting the option "Back up to your Google Drive" saves in option selections when wanting to backup.

Was aware of the connection process.  This query will be handy for others experiencing the same issue.  Maybe an idea to add an additional note to the existing KB article on connecting accounts or create another specifically addressing the disconnection/switching accounts.

Appreciate the feedback.

Cheers