Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Allowance Pay Back

Views 92

Replies 1

Hi,

I was recieving the jobkeeper allowance when my former employer informed me that we were no longer recieving it and asked me to pay the last three payments back (which I did) - however, these are still on my income statement - should these have been removed from my income statement?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @jaydenhiggins_,

Yes. If you've paid this amount back to them, then it no longer forms part of your actual earned income for the year. Your employer will need to exclude these payments and provide a new income statement with the amount adjusted accordingly.

A similar situation has come up before on the forum too where an individual has had to pay-back an amount to their employer, so you might like to look at 'Tax return and JobKeeper'.

RachATO

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @jaydenhiggins_,

Yes. If you've paid this amount back to them, then it no longer forms part of your actual earned income for the year. Your employer will need to exclude these payments and provide a new income statement with the amount adjusted accordingly.

A similar situation has come up before on the forum too where an individual has had to pay-back an amount to their employer, so you might like to look at 'Tax return and JobKeeper'.

RachATO