• 22066 Members
  • 24644 Posts

ATO Community

Re: Balancing Account - manual review

Ask a question

Views 41

Replies 1

Hi,

I lodged my return less than 2 weeks ago and the status has remained at balancing account for several days. Today I received an email saying the ATO requires extra time as they are performing a manual review on my account to verify some information.  What does this mean? and how long will the process take?

Thanks,

WC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

TaxTime Support

Replies 0

Hi @Wchan,

Thanks for your question!

There are a number of reasons why your return may have been delayed in processing. Unfortunately we can't provide you with any definite processing time frames, as it will vary depending on the nature of information that needs to be verified. The manual review could be required due to an internal system issue impacting the calculations, or it could be due to a mismatch of the information that was provided in your tax return.

It might be worth having a look through the information that you have lodged and making sure that it is all correct and matches what has been provided by third parties, especially if some of the data wasn't tax ready as at the time of your lodgement. This may help you as if you identify any discrepancies, at least it will give you an idea of what may have caused the issues.

However, if it is due to a system issue there isn't much that you can do. We'll have to review your return from our side and perform any manual adjustments that are required. You don't need to call us in either case, we will contact you if we need more information.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

TaxTime Support

Replies 0

Hi @Wchan,

Thanks for your question!

There are a number of reasons why your return may have been delayed in processing. Unfortunately we can't provide you with any definite processing time frames, as it will vary depending on the nature of information that needs to be verified. The manual review could be required due to an internal system issue impacting the calculations, or it could be due to a mismatch of the information that was provided in your tax return.

It might be worth having a look through the information that you have lodged and making sure that it is all correct and matches what has been provided by third parties, especially if some of the data wasn't tax ready as at the time of your lodgement. This may help you as if you identify any discrepancies, at least it will give you an idea of what may have caused the issues.

However, if it is due to a system issue there isn't much that you can do. We'll have to review your return from our side and perform any manual adjustments that are required. You don't need to call us in either case, we will contact you if we need more information.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B.

Top Solution Authors