Announcements
COVID-19 update: We expect to publish updates on the JobKeeper payment soon. For other questions, check out the COVID-19 board.

ATO Community

Balancing account- over 2 months

Highlighted

Views 208

Replies 1

I am wanting to enquire on how long the standard time is for an amended return to be showing the status as 'balancing account'.

A friend of mine lodged an amendment on his 2017 tax return on the 2nd of July. Within a week it was showing as balancing account however over 2 months later nothing has changed with the status.

If it is because the amendment was done too late surely the amended return should just be cancelled and not sit in the balancing account stage? The additional refund is also sitting in the income tax account with an effective date of 21st November 2017. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @Maddiekc94,

Check out the section of our knowledge base article on Where's my tax return, under the heading my return has taken longer than it should .  Just in case there is anything listed that could delay your amendment.

If the amendment was lodged on paper it would still be processing. If not I would suggest checking out our contact page, consider live chat to check on the progress of your amendment.

Thanks

KylieS

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @Maddiekc94,

Check out the section of our knowledge base article on Where's my tax return, under the heading my return has taken longer than it should .  Just in case there is anything listed that could delay your amendment.

If the amendment was lodged on paper it would still be processing. If not I would suggest checking out our contact page, consider live chat to check on the progress of your amendment.

Thanks

KylieS