Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Balancing to under review

Views 9674

Replies 3

Hi
My tax return status went from “balancing account” to “under review”. What does this mean? And when should I get my refund? Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Devotee

Replies 2

Hi @ALL90

Thanks for your question.

Check out the 'under review' section in the table here (also read the 'delayed returns' heading). If the ATO need any more information to process your return, they’ll contact you.

Most tax returns lodged online take two weeks to process, however some lodgements require manual processing and may take a month to issue. If you haven’t heard anything or seen a status update in the coming weeks, contact the ATO to discuss.

Hope this helps!

(Disclaimer - I work with the ATO - just here helping out voluntarily where I can. Thoughts are my own)

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Devotee

Replies 2

Hi @ALL90

Thanks for your question.

Check out the 'under review' section in the table here (also read the 'delayed returns' heading). If the ATO need any more information to process your return, they’ll contact you.

Most tax returns lodged online take two weeks to process, however some lodgements require manual processing and may take a month to issue. If you haven’t heard anything or seen a status update in the coming weeks, contact the ATO to discuss.

Hope this helps!

(Disclaimer - I work with the ATO - just here helping out voluntarily where I can. Thoughts are my own)

Replies 1

Thank you! Another question, what does “Estimated assessment issue date” mean please? Thanks!

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ALL90,

Welcome to our Community!

Generally, this is an estimated date which your assessment is due to issue. However, it's only an estimate and will depend on relevant information and checks taking place.

You can find general information about Tax Time 2018: Where’s my tax return? Explaining timeframes, ‘processed’ and ‘effective’ dates and b... on our Community, however if your return takes longer than 10 business days to process, you can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to discuss with an operator. Have your TFN with you when you call so the operator can ask you some identity questions to access your account.

Thanks, JodieH.