Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

Confused by change of outcome

Highlighted

Views 1287

Replies 1

I lodged my tax return on the 14th July and it straight away went to processing
Then to balancing accounts
And now it says under review
The credit amount on my summary is still the same as is the effective date of 25th July.
Does this mean I will still receive my refund on the 25th July ?
I and confused my the changes and as my effective date hasn't changed on the outcome.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @Sallyg88

If you’ve lodged your return and have a receipt ID, you usually don’t need to take any action, even if your return is showing as 'under review’ for the time being. Processing online is usually 2 weeks, but it can take longer and the ATO will contact you if they need extra info. Refer to the table here.

If 4 weeks has passed since you lodged and you haven't seen the status change, grab your TFN and phone the ATO to check your account.

Hope this helps.

(I'm an ATO employee - here voluntarily).

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @Sallyg88

If you’ve lodged your return and have a receipt ID, you usually don’t need to take any action, even if your return is showing as 'under review’ for the time being. Processing online is usually 2 weeks, but it can take longer and the ATO will contact you if they need extra info. Refer to the table here.

If 4 weeks has passed since you lodged and you haven't seen the status change, grab your TFN and phone the ATO to check your account.

Hope this helps.

(I'm an ATO employee - here voluntarily).